We’re Hiring a Part Time Database Coordinator
Position Title: Database Coordinator – Part Time (24 hours per week) Position ...
Position Title: Database Coordinator – Part Time (24 hours per week)
Position Summary: Reporting to the Belleville General Hospital Foundation Executive Director the Database Coordinator is responsible for gift processing, database management and preparation of Financial Statements. The Coordinator will work from an annual work plan in support of the Database and Finance Officer. The role supports the data needs of fundraising colleagues and is accountable for accomplishing objectives and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of data information and office records.
- Responsible for processing and receipting of all cash, cheque, stock and on-line donations and maintaining donor data base to reflect such transactions, including acknowledging, thanking and receipting
- Provides customer service support, creating a positive first impression for our donors through working at the front desk, answering the telephone and queries.
- Issues receipts and tailors thank you letters in compliance with CRA legislation and policies.
- Coordinate the mailing of thank you letters and charitable tax receipts within and efficient and timely manner, while following BGHF donor and stewardship guidelines.
- Creates, edits and complies donor related reports and queries for Foundation colleagues as required.
- Prepares and transmits donor files to mail house provider for direct mail appeals in the absence of the Database and Finance Officer.
- Processes on-line donations
- Provide administrative support for raffles and lotteries, including tracking and printing tickets and performing lottery involvement, maintenance and auditing.
- Sets up events in the RE Special Events module
- Tracks donations and prepares reports ensuring gifts are used for their intended purpose
- Prepares monthly financial statements in timely manner for Finance Committee and through them to the Board of Directors in the absence of the Database & Finance Officer.
- Assisting at Foundation events, including donor recognition nights, Golf, Gala as well as some Third Party events as required.
- Processes invoices and prepares cheques
- Works with auditors, providing data to complete the annual financial statements
- Prepares bank deposits and maintains vendor files
- Monitors and reports on endowed funds
Qualifications and Skills
- Competency and in-depth knowledge of Raisers Edge Database and its modules considered an asset
- Strong technical skills, including experience with online resources
- Prior experience in a fundraising setting with charitable donation receipting and donor stewardship practices an asset.
- Clear understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles
- Demonstrated experience in a book keeping environment
- Grasp of basic investment strategies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to see projects through to timely completion
- Perform with high integrity and transparency
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office modules. Word, Excel etc.
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Understands and pays attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy while meeting deadlines
Health and Safety
- Adheres to the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Adheres to the provisions of QHC Human Resources Policy
- QHC Policy requires all staff to be vaccinated against Covid-19
- Minimal risk or discomfort
- Pressure related to meeting deadlines
- Standing for extended periods at multiple events
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required as travel may be necessary.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Non-smoking and alcohol free environment
$18 – $24 per hour dependent on experience.
5:00pm on Friday 22nd July 2022.
Please send your resume to Executive Director Steven Cook at email@example.com